Skip to main content

Learning to Trust God - U.S. Visa Update!

What will it take for you to...(fill in the blank)? It was a question that I myself have wrestled with over the years. Its easy for me to just say that I would go anywhere that God tells me to and that if he said go, I'd go. Its easier said than done. I can attest to that!

Recently I made an unexpected trip to Calgary to visit the U.S. Embassy to apply for my visa to the states. It was a long hectic process. One that nearly broke me down into a flood of tears on multiple occasions. 



After reading through the forms online, I began to prepare all my documents. First my U.S. visa picture was rejected and I had to wait another day in order to go and get a new one issued. I was creating an online profile in order to book a visa interview appointment. 

Then after making the wrong appointment and a few phone calls later, I got the right information and scheduled to make my interview appointment. That was when I read that the length of time it would take to process and issue a visa could take weeks!

Are you kidding me? Why does this have to be so difficult Lord?!

" Give your entire attention to what God is doing right now, and don’t get worked up about what may or may not happen tomorrow. God will help you deal with whatever hard things come up when the time comes." Matt 6:34 MSG

While I was in Edmonton feeling stupid that I didn't prepare for applying for a U.S. visa before, it was because I forgot that I could do it upon arrival. 

With so many forms and emails to sort through in preparing for YWAM, I somehow forgot about the comment (I only re-read the forms/letters attached) in the email stating that I didn't need to apply for the visa at the embassy but could do so at the airport. It was just additional information. 

To make a long story short - I did make my way to the U.S. Embassy in Calgary and was issued the visa the following day! Praise God! 

Even though I made more work for myself than necessary, it ended up giving me an amazing opportunity to reconnect with a few friends I haven't seen in years! (Pictures below)






In the midst of this journey, I have been learning how to trust God. This is not to say that I didn't trust him but there are times when things seem a bit overwhelming where I get distracted, forgetting that Jesus has not left me alone. 

I was reminded of the story where the disciples were in the midst of a storm and Jesus was sleeping (see Matt 8:23-27. This story followed after He told the crowd the cost of following him (see vs.18-22). He rebuked the disciples for their lack of faith when they woke Him for fear of the storm overtaking them. 

Was it wrong for the disciples to seek Him in the midst of the storm? No. 

Storms will come in our lives but one thing to note here is that Jesus never left them in the middle of the storm. He wants us to seek Him but not out of fear but in trust knowing that He has the power to calm whatever storms come. 

I am thankful (not always in the moment) for the storms that come because they have only caused me to seek Him more. I'm continuously reminded that He is still in the boat and has never left.

In less than 2 months, I will be boarding a plane to Honolulu, Hawaii to begin this next step, growing in deeper intimacy with God and learning more about Him, making Him known to others. 

Youth With A Mission is an evangelical interdenominational, no-profit Christian, missionary organization. YWAM's stated purpose is to "know God and to make Him known"

Will you please partner with me as I continue to live out the call to go? 

I am still needing approximately $4000 to help cover the expenses for the actual program. Any extra funds received will go towards covering the outreach portion (flights and visa) or my DTS.


You can donate online at https://www.givesendgo.com/YWAMDTS1040mission

Please feel free to contact me: kayla.vezeau@gmail.com

Thank you for your prayers and financial support!!

Prayer Requests:

- Pray for peace, wisdom, and God's provision as I finish preparing for YWAM (booking train to airport, travel insurance, bank info, etc) 

Thank you!!!
















Comments

Popular posts from this blog

First Month at YWAM Honolulu!!

Shekinah House (Girl's House) It hasn't been a full month yet but it feels like I have been here for awhile! I arrived on Jan 9th and began orientation on the 10th. When I arrived on base I was brought to my living quarters which is Bunk beds a small house shared among 25 girls. We share 3 bathrooms, one fridge, a small common room and sleep on bunk beds. This has been the most people I have ever lived with in my life. Its very similar to what I imagine living in a college dorm is like but I never had that option in college. View of Manoa Valley The YWAM base is located in Manoa Valley in Honolulu and is near the University of Hawaii. Everyday we begin our day with breakfast and one hour of bible reading/journal quiet time with Jesus. This is very important and something that YWAM values highly! Starting each day with Jesus is the most important thing you can do. We have lectures throughout the week covering various topics. In our first week of lectures, we

YWAM DISCIPLESHIP TRAINING SCHOOL/OUTREACH UPDATE – March 19, 2019

Each morning at 7am, we are required to wake up for breakfast and start devo/quiet times at 7:30-8:30am. Every day looks slightly different as we have intercession/book reading time/chapel talk/base worship. This DTS was NOTHING like I anticipated and we have not only participated in lectures but also are involved in weekly EVANGELISM and COMMUNITY OUTREACH . I have been working with an afterschool program once a week, helping kids with homework and doing chapel services. Every Tuesday night we go out to the streets and tourist area of Waikiki beach in Honolulu, to evangelize (share about Jesus) with people. When I first went out, I was so scared of running up to random people and telling them about Jesus. Over the past 2 months I've been continually challenged to get outside of my comfort zone and to embrace rejection. We continued walking a bit when a young guy caught my attention. I said that we need to go talk to him. Awkwardly turning around, we began to fo