Skip to main content

Mission Fundraising Story

Hi family and friends!!

As many of you may or may not know by now, I will be going to YWAM (Youth With A Mission) in Honolulu, Hawaii in Jan 2019 to do my first DTS (Discipleship Training School). 

I have been accepted into the DTS (10/40 mission window) program that focuses primarily on training and equipping missionaries to reach the unreached people within the Asian nations in that region.

Following bible college in 2011, I moved to Korea to teach as an English Teacher and became involved with North Korean missions. YWAM was always on my mind even before  initially moving to Korea but I didn’t know much about it at the time.

What then started out as an IDEA then became a DREAM and is soon to become a REALITY.

 In February 2018, I felt challenged by God when he began to remind me of the calling to go to “nations”. I felt him ask me, “Are you willing to let go?” I knew that this was specific regarding my willingness to let go of everything I have in Korea. Letting go of everything you have seems easy when you don’t have much to let go of until you do and God asks you to once again let go.

Obedience to God is the essence of our faith walk with God. 

So as of Sept 2018, I will be returning back to Canada to spend time with my family and friends while preparing to start this new adventure.  The DTS program will consist of 2 phases lasting 6 months. 

Phase one: Students spend 3 months building and growing their relationship with God. Lecture phase is an intense time of learning where students are encouraged to wrestle with truth and ask many questions.

Phase two: Students will spend 3 months sharing the love of Jesus cross culturally. Students may find themselves trekking through villages preaching the gospel, teaching English, taking care of widows and orphans, serving local churches and businesses, praying for the sick to be healed, working on clean water projects or helping communities rebuild from natural disasters.

Here is a simple breakdown of some of the costs for this DTS:

$4100 USD ($5397 CAD) - Lecture phase (accommodations will be covered)
$1900 USD ($2501 CAD)- Outreach phase (airfare and visa for location)

*I'm planning to do further fundraising while in Canada and I will be covering some of the extra expenses from personal savings. Including flights to and from Honolulu. 

I am so excited to share this new journey with you! I ask that you would prayerfully consider supporting me and partnering with me as I take this next step.  If you'd like to hear more, I'd love to meet up for coffee or even have a chat on Facebook or email!! 

If you would like to support me financially, you can do so online via

 https://www.givesendgo.com/YWAMDTS1040mission (Crowdfunding site)

or

Paypal - http://minnedosacalvarychurch.com/ (Please note that it's for Kayla / Missions)

or

Online banking: kayla.vezeau@gmail.com (e-transfer)

Much love and appreciation!!

Blessings, 

Kayla :D

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

First Month at YWAM Honolulu!!

Shekinah House (Girl's House) It hasn't been a full month yet but it feels like I have been here for awhile! I arrived on Jan 9th and began orientation on the 10th. When I arrived on base I was brought to my living quarters which is Bunk beds a small house shared among 25 girls. We share 3 bathrooms, one fridge, a small common room and sleep on bunk beds. This has been the most people I have ever lived with in my life. Its very similar to what I imagine living in a college dorm is like but I never had that option in college. View of Manoa Valley The YWAM base is located in Manoa Valley in Honolulu and is near the University of Hawaii. Everyday we begin our day with breakfast and one hour of bible reading/journal quiet time with Jesus. This is very important and something that YWAM values highly! Starting each day with Jesus is the most important thing you can do. We have lectures throughout the week covering various topics. In our first week of lectures, we

YWAM DISCIPLESHIP TRAINING SCHOOL/OUTREACH UPDATE – March 19, 2019

Each morning at 7am, we are required to wake up for breakfast and start devo/quiet times at 7:30-8:30am. Every day looks slightly different as we have intercession/book reading time/chapel talk/base worship. This DTS was NOTHING like I anticipated and we have not only participated in lectures but also are involved in weekly EVANGELISM and COMMUNITY OUTREACH . I have been working with an afterschool program once a week, helping kids with homework and doing chapel services. Every Tuesday night we go out to the streets and tourist area of Waikiki beach in Honolulu, to evangelize (share about Jesus) with people. When I first went out, I was so scared of running up to random people and telling them about Jesus. Over the past 2 months I've been continually challenged to get outside of my comfort zone and to embrace rejection. We continued walking a bit when a young guy caught my attention. I said that we need to go talk to him. Awkwardly turning around, we began to fo

Learning to Trust God - U.S. Visa Update!

What will it take for you to...(fill in the blank)? It was a question that I myself have wrestled with over the years. Its easy for me to just say that I would go anywhere that God tells me to and that if he said go, I'd go. Its easier said than done. I can attest to that! Recently I made an unexpected trip to Calgary to visit the U.S. Embassy to apply for my visa to the states. It was a long hectic process. One that nearly broke me down into a flood of tears on multiple occasions.  After reading through the forms online, I began to prepare all my documents. First my U.S. visa picture was rejected and I had to wait another day in order to go and get a new one issued. I was creating an online profile in order to book a visa interview appointment.  Then after making the wrong appointment and a few phone calls later, I got the right information and scheduled to make my interview appointment. That was when I read that the length of time it would take to process and issu